In this expert review, you will find information about online craps. You will learn about the rules of this fascinating and emotional game, get valuable tips, read about the advantages of the demo mode, etc. The material will be useful for both experienced gamblers and beginners who are interested in how to start playing craps online.
What is Craps?
Craps originated in Europe but have evolved into popular casino games in the United States of America. From there, it spread to different countries of the world and became one of the gems of the gambling industry. Craps is not one of the most popular online casino games — roulette, blackjack and baccarat have this status. At the same time, this exciting dice game can give a lot of pleasant moments to its fans. Its rules are somewhat different from the craps that are played in land-based casinos. In the latter, up to 20 people can be at the table. One of them is a shooter — a player who rolls the dice — and the rest place bets on where the dice will fall. In online craps, you are always a shooter because you play alone (except when playing with a live dealer).
How to Play Craps online?
To play Craps online, you don’t need a lot of time to prepare. Many online casinos have included this game in their portfolio. Follow our instructions:
- Choose an online casino. Pay attention to his reputation — a gambling company must work legally and have a license for its activities. Otherwise, you run the risk of encountering scammers;
- Study the portfolio of the casino. This is necessary to make sure whether the gambling operator provides the opportunity to play shooting dice named Craps;
- Register an account (you will need to enter the required data, come up with a password, and write an email address). If you plan to start playing in the free demo mode, then skip this step;
- Make a deposit using one of the proposed payment methods. This will provide you with the opportunity to play for real money (skip this step if you are interested in playing in demo mode);
- Start the game!
Rules of craps game
Learning craps rules is the reason why many gamblers unreasonably avoid this wonderful game. Usually, they only need one look at the unique craps table to decide for themselves that they do not want to understand the intricacies of the game. But this is a rash decision. It only takes a few minutes to figure out the rules. It is quite straightforward, as you will see very quickly.
The green craps table is divided into different sectors, which contain combinations of numbers that can fall out when the dice are rolled. Also on the table, you can see a sector labelled Pass Line, a Field, a Come, and a Don’t Come rectangles. Two six-sided dice are used to play online craps. The numbers on them are generated using a Random Number Generator (RNG). This guarantees the integrity of the game.
The standard round of Craps is as follows:
- The player makes a bet;
- The player does a Come out roll (this is what the first roll of the dice is called), by pressing a special button;
- If the sum of the dice is 2, 3 or 12, then the player immediately loses;
- If the sum of the dice is 7 or 11, then the player immediately wins;
- If the sum of the dice is 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 or 10, then the game continues. The player rolls the dice until he repeats the amount that he had the first time. If he succeeds, he wins. If he gets an amount of 7 points, then he loses.
We want to focus your attention on the fact that the number 7 has polar values for different stages of the game. For the first roll of the dice in a match, this is the ideal number, because it leads to the player’s victory. In the main round, where you need to re-throw a certain amount, 7 leads to defeat.
Types of bets
You can place different bets in a craps casino game. For the convenience of gamblers, hints are displayed in the sectors of the game table, on which you can bet. There are two categories: qualifying bets and main game bets.
- Pass Line. This is the standard bet of the first throw. You will automatically win if the sum of the dice is 7 or 11, and lose if it is 2, 3 or 12;
- Don’t Pass. Here, on the contrary, the winning sum is 2, 3 and 12, and the losing sum is 7 and 11;
- Field. To win, the sum of the dice must be 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11 or 12;
- Dice outcomes. At the initial stage of the game, bets are available from the side of the table. Pay attention to them;
- Place bets. You can also bet that a specific number will not fall out during the initial round.
Main game bets:
- Come. The bet will win if 7 or 11 will fall after the dice roll, and will lose if 2, 3 or 12 will fall;
- Don’t Come. The winning sum is 2, 3 and 12, and the losing sum is 7 and 11;
- Field. The player wins if the dice sum is 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11 or 12;
- Dice outcomes. At the main stage of the game, all possible bets on the outcome of the throw are available;
- Place bets. You can bet that a specific number will or will not fall out.
Online craps strategies
Such a casino dice game as craps is subject to chance and luck. For this reason, it is impossible to use various game strategies as actively as, say, in Blackjack, Poker or Baccarat. However, many gamblers actively use the universal Martingale strategy, which has gained popularity in many gambling games. Its meaning is to double the size of your bet after each loss. This should be done until your bet wins. Thus, you will not only be able to win back all the lost money but also win the base bet. After winning, according to the Martingale strategy, you need to return to the size of the base bet again. It is determined by the gambler independently before the start of the game.
Some players also use such good tactical moves during the game.
During the qualification stage, you need to place a bet on the Pass Line area. If, after the dice fall out, you get a sum of 7 or 11, you will win. This type of bet has a house edge, which is suitable for the introductory part of the game.
You need to place a bet in the appropriate sector of the game table. If the sum of 6 or 8 drops out, the player takes his winnings. If a different amount falls out after the dice roll, the player loses, but next time doubles his bet on the same sector. The bet on 6 and 8 is explained simply — these are the most frequent sums of dice in craps after the 7.
This tactic involves betting on the same amount that won the last roll of the dice. If this happens, you need to double the bet amount. And so up to four times maximum. The point of the strategy is that the chances that the same sum of numbers can fall out four times in a row are very high.
Types of online craps
In online casinos, you can find different types of online craps. Their rules may be slightly different, but the gameplay is generally identical. Here are some examples.
This is the most popular variant of the game, which is also called Las Vegas Craps. It is very popular both in offline and online casinos. In this variant, you can find the lowest casino advantage for Pass/Don’t Pass bets — about 1.4%.
This is a simpler version of the original game, which is very popular in online casinos. Its differences are that the player can bet on the combination of 2, 3, 11, and 12 before the seven falls out. In this version of the game, the house’s advantage over the player is 5.38%.
New York Craps
In this version of the game, the advantage of the house over the player is even more significant than in the previous two. The main difference in the rules is that you cannot bet on Come or Don’t Come.
Online craps tips for beginners
We have some tips for novices. Follow them, and then your experience of playing craps casino game will be positive.
- Apply money management. Craps is a gambling game, so it is important not to give in to emotions. Control the size of your bets, and force yourself to stop before you lose more than you could afford;
- Set limits. This tip is related to the first advice. Before the game starts, determine for yourself how much you are willing to spend painlessly for your wallet. Also, take yourself a certain amount of time to play. Remember, the longer you play, the more the fatigue and loss of concentration factor affect the quality of the game;
- Play only in a legal online casino/gambling apps. This will protect your money from scammers;
- Check out which varieties of shoot craps are available in the online casino portfolio. Choose a suitable version of the game for yourself by studying its rules;
- Check the RTP percentage of the game. In most online casinos, the RTP rate (return to the player) is 98.64%. If the RTP on the gambling site on which you wanted to play is lower than this indicator, choose another portal;
- Explore the available bonus offers. Online casinos regularly prepare interesting promotions for new and old players. Perhaps you will like this or that bonus, and use it to multiply your winnings. However, be sure to pay attention to the wagering conditions of the bonus before accepting it.
Free craps at an online casino
Many gamblers unfairly bypass craps, believing that it is a difficult game. However, this is a misconception. It is quite easy to understand the rules. But it will be right to do it outside the game for real money. Many online casinos that have craps in their portfolio allow you to play this game in demo mode. The advantages of the free game are as follows:
- You can play for fun;
- Play for free;
- It will be easy for you to understand the rules and learn how to play by them;
- You will remember how the gameplay proceeds;
- You don’t need registration;
- No deposit is needed;
- You can end the game at any time.
Of course, there are disadvantages of the demo mode. You will not be able to win real money or accept a bonus from an online casino. But all in good time. If you have a goal to learn how to play craps, then first achieve it. And then set a goal to start winning.
1. How fast can you learn to play craps?
Craps only at first glance seem to be a difficult game because of its unique table. You can understand the rules very quickly. It is especially easy to do this if you watch one or two games from the side. Another great option is to practice in demo mode.
2. How to play craps for free?
To play shooting craps for free, you need to find an online casino where this game is available. Choose the free demo mode and play. You will not need to create an account and make a deposit.
3. Is the online crap game fair?
Yes, craps is a fair game, and if you play it on legal sites, then there will be no problems.
4. Can I play craps on my mobile?
Of course! To play craps on your gadget, open the mobile version of the online casino website. You can also download a gambling app.